Deadline for submission of application for HEC Outstanding Research Awards 2015/2016 is 25th January, 2017.
The HEC Outstanding Research Awards program aims to recognize and reward the achievements of Pakistani researchers/scholars for research, innovation and publication in all fields of study. The objectives of these awards are to acknowledge the high performance of the Pakistani faculty and researchers and thus promote a competitive research culture in higher education and R&D institutions.
The program awards individuals in the following categories every year:
|Award Category||No. of Awards / year|
|Best Research Paper*||37|
|Best Young Research Scholar||9|
*Cash award for “Best Research Paper” will be distributed equally among all Pakistani authors of the paper.
The Awards are given for the following disciplines:
- Natural Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Pure Engineering
- Computer Science/ Engineering
- Social Sciences
- Management Sciences
- Arts / Humanities / Languages
- Applicant must be resident citizen of Pakistan.
- For “Best Research Paper Award” applicant should be the principal author (first and/or corresponding author).
- In case of foreign collaborative research, affiliation of the applicant on the paper must be with Pakistan.
- For “Best Book Award” applicant must be first or sole author of a Book published by a reputed publisher.
- For Best Book and Best Research Paper Award, the material must have been published in 2015/2016
- For “Best Young Research Scholar Award” the maximum age is 40 years on the date of submission deadline. Those who have received this award in the last 5 years are not eligible to apply.
- An applicant can’t submit more than one application under the same category.
- An undertaking on stamp paper of Rs.100 duly endorsed by the Head of Institution, ensuring that none of the publications on applicant’s credit is plagiarised as per HEC plagiarism policy, must be attached with application form.
Source: Higher Education Commission Pakistan .
Download Form: www.hec.gov.pk/site/ORA